School & Sports
Jeff Mills STEM Center
The newest addition to the El Reno school campus is the Jeff Mills STEM Center, Featuring a large and open atrium with a cat walk above. This building hosts many science labs and several classrooms as well as a cafeteria. Located across the street from the main high-school building, this site has a central and easily accessible location.
Old Lincoln Elementary
An older school situated in the center of el reno right next to a pond and a park.
Many Locations This school is made of two “pods” of classrooms, connected to a gym and auditorium/lunchroom through a large open hallway, affectionally referred to as the never ending hallway due to it’s length. Situated in the same property as another school and connected via a breezeway, this location can also be used.
The Memorial Stadium, home to several of the local sports team, this location offers locker rooms, stands, a weight room and a full football/soccer field!
El Reno Highschool
El Reno High School was established in 1893 and graduated its first class in 1896. The present building was built in two phases. The building was constructed in two phases. The west half, or El Reno High School proper, constructed in 1911, was designed by the Oklahoma City firm of Layton and Smith, Oklahoma’s premier architects and designers of the Oklahoma State Capitol as well as many public schools. The east half, originally built for junior high school classes, was designed by an unknown architect and was constructed in 1925–1926. In 2000, the building was added to the National Register of Historic Places for its unique architecture. In style, the El Reno High School building incorporates many of the elements of Late Gothic Revival as applied to public buildings, also known as Collegiate Gothic, and resembles later buildings designed by Layton and Smith, such as Bizzell Memorial Library at the University of Oklahoma in Norman. The major features of this building include: flat roof with raised, shaped, and/or castellated parapet; towers with long, narrow “princess” windows; pinnacles rising from parapets or towers; and polychrome surfaces, or contrasting brick and stone work, with stone work forming copings, window and door hoods, arches, horizontal bands or water tables, and quoins. In general the two defining characteristics of the building were the decorative stonework and, before alteration, the windows. Bedford Indiana Limestone creates hood moldings that accentuate the openings and bands that emphasize the horizontal arches.
Jink Simmons Field House
The Field House started as an old National Guard Armory, that has evolved over the years while still maintaining its original historical shape. The Large arena is home to the local high school’s basketball team. We do have special floor coverings for other events along with an extensive catwalk system. The seating in the arena, is reminiscent of past times and holds the history from years gone by especially in the seating which is steep and tall. Along with basketball, we also house our wrestling team. And host the state powerlifting tournament. The field house has also hosted graduations, luncheons as well as United Way functions. Locker Rooms There are numerous locker rooms in the original building, along with more modernized locker rooms in the newly added practice arena. Concessions The main entrance offers a large tribute to our past athletes and accomplishments and also houses our newly renovated concession area. Practice Arena Our practice gym is a newly added facility and includes a full basketball court, weight room and jogging track.